Applicant should have:
A Bachelor’s degree with liberal arts or humanities components from a recognised university, or equivalent
Fulfilled the English Language Requirements by:
Completion of a degree from a tertiary institution or programme where the medium of instruction is English; or
Achieved a minimum score of the following English Language tests:
- TOEFL: 550 (paper-based) and 79 (internet-based)
- IELTS: 6.5
- CET-6: 500
- An equivalent of any of the above
- Register an account
- Login and complete all the required sections on the online application form
- Receive an application number
- Settle the application fee
- Check your application status regularly
- Selected applicants will be required to attend written test and interview
Required Supporting Documents
- Official transcripts and grading schemes of all tertiary level studies
- Copies of certificates of academic/professional qualifications*
- Original valid official score report of TOEFL/IELTS (Academic)/CET-6 sent directly from the test organization to the University;
- A copy of identity document
- A written statement of purpose in English
- Confidential Recommendations/Referee’s Report
*Official proof is required if your qualifications are obtained from institutions in mainland China: https://www.chsi.com.cn/xlrz/index.jsp
Fees & Scholarships
The tuition fees of the academic year 2022/23 are as follows
Full time students
Local students: $91,680
Non-local students: $114,600
Part time students
Local students: $3,820 per credit
Non-local students: $4,775 per credit
*Fees are subject to review regularly
Successful applicants must settle an non-refundable admission fee within a stated period of time and count as a part of the tuition fee.
MA in GELCS Programme offers merit-based entrance scholarships for top-ranking students who are admitted. The entrance scholarships may cover full or half of the tuition fee.
Further details will be announced in due course.
Full-time non-local taught postgraduate students will be eligible to apply for residence in Old Hall. The Old Hall is located at 1/F & 2/F of Academic and Administration Building (Block M), HSUHK Campus.
Please visit the Residential Colleges for further information.