Applicant should have:
A Bachelor’s degree with liberal arts or humanities components from a recognised university, or equivalent
Fulfilled the English Language Requirements by:
Completion of a degree from a tertiary institution or programme where the medium of instruction is English; or
Achieved a minimum score of the following English Language tests:
- TOEFL: 550 (paper-based) and 79 (internet-based)
- IELTS: 6.5
- CET-6: 500
- An equivalent of any of the above (e.g. Duolingo English Test, Test for English Majors (TEM-4 / TEM-8), etc.)
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview and a written test to confirm their suitability for the programme.
- Register an account
- Login and complete all the required sections on the online application form
- Receive an application number
- Settle the application fee
- Check your application status regularly
- Selected applicants will be required to attend written test and interview
Required Supporting Documents
- Official transcripts and grading schemes of all tertiary level studies
- Copies of certificates of academic/professional qualifications*
- Original valid official score report of TOEFL/IELTS (Academic)/CET-6 sent directly from the test organization to the University;
- A copy of identity document
- A written statement of purpose in English
- One Confidential Recommendation Form (E-form or paper version)
*Official proof is required if your qualifications are obtained from institutions in mainland China: https://www.chsi.com.cn/xlrz/index.jsp
Fees & Scholarships
The tuition fees of the academic year 2022/23 are as follows
Full time students (1 year)
Part time students (2 years)
$3,820 per credit
*Fees are subject to review.
*Successful applicants must settle a non-refundable admission fee within a stated period of time.
MA in GELCS Programme offers merit-based entrance scholarships for top-ranking students who are admitted. The entrance scholarships may cover full or half of the tuition fee.
Entrants will be automatically considered for the entrance scholarships once admitted. Past academic achievements (including GPA), the statement of purpose and performance in admission assessments are assessed.
The programme office reserves the right not to offer scholarships after the selection exercise.
Full-time non-local taught postgraduate students will be eligible to apply for residence in Old Hall. The Old Hall is located at 1/F & 2/F of Academic and Administration Building (Block M), HSUHK Campus.
Please visit the Residential Colleges for further information.